You need a good plan to turn resolutions to results. You’ve heard it said those who fail to plan, plan to fail. The start of a new year is a great time to plan for the upcoming year and what you want to do better in your business. What have you done well? What needs to be improved upon? What would be the steps to success? What actions need to be taken to get the ball rolling?
A business advisor can help you take your business from where it is now to where you want to be. They have the advantage of looking at it from the outside without being tied down by the day-to-day running of your business. A business advisor can help you see what is holding your business back and put it back on the path to success.
These are some common areas that your business advisor can step in to assist you with.
- Dwindling Profits: If your profits are inadequate, dwindling or stagnating, it may be time to get help. Your business advisor can look at your business structure and help with the big-picture ideas so you can get your financial house in order and make better strategic decisions in the future.
- Analytical Reporting
- Cashflow Analysis – Determine where your money came from and where it went.
- A 12-Month Cash Flow Projection and Profit Plan
- Net Worth Change: Are you in business to improve your net worth? If not, we suggest that you should be. And to help you stay committed to this path, every investment (including your business) should provide a strong return on investment.
- Your Business Compared to That of Your Peers: Your business advisor has access to key financial performance indicators of businesses within your industry. Your business will be compared to these, so that you are aware of your progression toward business excellence.
- Identify Your Key Performance Indicators (KPIs): A KPI is a measurement of the performance of those activities within your business that you absolutely MUST get right. It is important to understand what your KPIs are, then have systems in place to measure them so that you stay on track.
And much more!
Having your Accountant act as your business advisor can provide the strategic advice and complementary skills required to take your business to the next level.
Call Debby at Phases Business Management for help turning your resolutions into actual business results. 719-548-1646